After years of cooking and trying new recipes, I thought that it would be nice to make something special for lunch for the whole family and so last Sunday I decided to prepare this dish using a very special vegetable native to the Veneto region called “Radicchio di Treviso” – Italian chicory and the famous smoked meat “Speck” native to the northern part of Italy, specifically, the region of Alto Adige. I think it’s not really about the cooking and experimenting recipes, but in the thought of preparing something good for someone else. Have a pleasant day to all!
1. Saute Speck strips with slices of 1/2 shallot
2. Add “radicchio” cut in small pieces
3. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat
4. Add salt and pepper
5. Cook for another 5 minutes
6. Prepare the Bechamel sauce and start preparing the layers: Bechamel – lasagna- cooked radicchio – Bechamel sauce – grated Parmesan cheese.
7. After every layer…
8. The last layer will be: lasagna- Bechamel- grated cheese
9. Bake at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes.
10. Serve hot
Always check if you are allergic to one or more ingredients. As fo me and my family, it was a truly flavorful lunch. Oh! I think next time I will make lasagna with spinach and ricotta cheese 😊🤔